Saturday, September 10, 2005

A whole book on ...

It sounds like one hell-of-a book. Of course, it does describe hell on earth. What am I talking about? Andrew Bostom’s book on the 1400 year history of jihad. Here’s a short review and here’s a long one. I tend to focus more on the ideology than an in-depth and comprehensive study of the history. This is definitely a book I’d want to read to fill-in some of the gaps on Islamic history. I’d appreciate suggestions of other books on Arab & Islamic history.

Update: another review and the author's website.
Update II: and another review.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just reading the reviews is enough to scare the pants off me. To think I have been sucked in by all the PCness. Maybe the conspiracy theories about the Jewish people running the US from behing etc, are in fact an Islamic conspiracy. I hope the book will be published in Australia.

9/11/05, 12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie - your Australian, then? Could I just say as a Brit, how much I feel your pain at losing the Ashes?

9/13/05, 7:31 AM  
Blogger gandalf said...

historyofjihad.com is a good site

It lists and describes all of the jihad activities since 1400 to present day

9/16/05, 5:15 AM  

<< Home